The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
The Family Support Organization of Burlington County
774 Eayrestown Rd.
Lumberton, NJ 08048
Fax: (609) 265-0116
Contact Person: Deborah Kennedy
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
To provide culturally relevant, community-based, family-to-family support, education, and advocacy for families who have children with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs and to work collaboratively as a system partner within the New Jersey Division of Children's Behavioral Health Services to ensure the family voice is heard.
The Family Support Organization of Burlington County is a member of the New Jersey Alliance of Family Support Organizations and a chapter of the Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health. Locally, we serve Burlington County, NJ.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• Conduct social marketing
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization
• A family-run or youth-guided organization with a current or past affiliation with a System of Care Community of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program (i.e., CMHS System of Care grant site)