The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Family Based Services Association of New Jersey (NJ), Inc.
6 Industrial Way W, Suite D
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Fax: (732) 542-4563
Contact Person: Ann Goldman, Executive
Web Site: http://www.fbsanj.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
Family Based Services Association of NJ, Inc. is an organization of families and community members whose mission is to ensure that every family who has children with special emotional and behavioral needs is given community based resources to help support them, provide them with education and help them advocate for their children.
Family Based Services Association of New Jersey (NJ), Inc. is a member of the NJ Children's Behavioral Health Services System of Care and is a member of the NJ Alliance of Family Support Organizations, Inc. We now provide the prevention programs "I Can Problem Solve" and "Raising a Thinking Child" at pre-schools and Head Start locations throughout Monmouth County, New Jersey.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide quality monitoring and evaluation
• Provide advocacy
• A local family-run organization without national or statewide affiliation