The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Louisiana Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health, Inc.
5627 Superior Dr. Suite A-2
Baton Rouge, , LA 70816
Contact Person: Shavonda
Web Site: http://www.laffcmh.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
To sustain a family run organization which functions as the statewide information, referral and support network for families and serves as a united voice in advocacy efforts on behalf of children with emotional, behavioral or mental challenges and their families.
A state-wide parent-run organization that nurtures, supports and empowers families of children and youth with emotional, behavioral or mental difficulties.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• A statewide family-run organization
• A family-run or youth-guided organization with a current or past affiliation with a System of Care Community of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program (i.e., CMHS System of Care grant site)
• A statewide family-run chapter of a national organization