The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health, Hillsborough County Chapter
4501 E. Hillsborough Ave.
Tampa, FL 33610
(813) 622-7930, 813-850-1763
Fax: (813) 914-7930
Contact Person: Larry English, M.Ed. NCC- Executive Director
Web Site: http://www.federationoffamilies.org
Our goal is to build a comprehensive array of services and supports that meet the individual needs of children with emotional, behavioral and mental disorders and their families. Families are equal partners at all levels of program planning, implementation and evaluation with community providers. We are family, working as advocates, reaching everyone by developing a community based on family strengths.
We serve children and families throughout Hillsborough County.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide quality monitoring and evaluation
• Provide advocacy
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization
• A family-run or youth-guided organization with a current or past affiliation with a System of Care Community of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program (i.e., CMHS System of Care grant site)