The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
The Mental Health Association of Rockland County, Inc.
140 Route 303, Suite A
Valley Cottage, NY 10989
Fax: (845) 267-2169
Contact Person: Ruth Col`on-Wagner, LMSW Supervisor of Children & Family Services; 230 Ramapo Rd, Garnerville, NY 10923; Ph: (845) 429-6640 ext. 17; Fax: (845) 429-6641
Web Site: http://www.mharockland.org
Mental Illness/Mental Health,Substance Abuse
The mission of the Mental Health Association of Rockland County, Inc. is to promote mental health and provide services to people with mental illnesses and addictions.
We are both a local and statewide chapter of the Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health. Our organization provides the following services in addition to the ones listed below: Adult Treatment: CDT, Adult Case Mgmt, Consumer Family Outreach, Advocates, Peer Advocates, Recovery Services, Assertive Community Treatment, Social Club, Deafness Management, Supportive Housing. Children's Services: Coordinated Children's Services Initiative, Family Support, Children's Case Management, Functional Family Therapy, Children's Single Point of Access (SPOA), School Integrative Mental Health Services, Psycho-Educational Groups in schools, Support Groups. Our organization provides these services to residents of Rockland County, New York.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide contracted direct services (e.g., respite, care management)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• Conduct social marketing
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization
• A family-run or youth-guided organization with a current or past affiliation with a System of Care Community of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program (i.e., CMHS System of Care grant site)
• A statewide family-run chapter of a national organization