The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Families United Network
60 Academy Rd.
Albany, NY 12208
Fax: (518) 447-5234
Contact Person: Joan Valery
Developmental Disabilities,Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
To be a family driven organization that supports and mobilizes families raising children with emotional/behavioral problems and the school and community agencies that serve them by providing training, education, and advocacy and fostering systems change.
We are a local chapter of the Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health and we serve Albany County, New York. We offer both parent and youth support groups.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide contracted direct services (e.g., respite, care management)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• Conduct social marketing
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization