The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
National Alliance on Mental Illness of Western Mass., Inc.
717 1/2 Main Street
Agawam, MA 01001
(413) 786-9139 or Toll Free in Western Mass. Only 1-800-295-2121
Fax: (413) 789-1137
Contact Person: Jolene Martunas, Executive Director
Web Site: http://www.namiwm.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
NAMI is dedicated to the eradication of mental illnesses and to the improvement of the quality of life of all whose lives are affected by these diseases.
SUPPORT: NAMI-WM sponsors support groups for families, friends, and people themselves who have a brain disorder. EDUCATION: NAMI-WM is a resource for educational material, and carries out educational classes, meetings and events to educate the public. Education stops stigma. ADVOCACY: NAMI-WM advocates on local and state levels on policies that might affect our population. RESEARCH: Align with NARSAD, The Mental Health Research Assoc. to fund research.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide quality monitoring and evaluation
• Provide advocacy
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization