The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
4009 6th Ave. Suite 55
Kearney, NE 68845
Contact Person: Karla Bennetts
Web Site: http://www.familiescare.org
Child Welfare,Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health,Transition-aged Youth
To empower families in the behavioral health system of care.
Families CARE provides peer support to parents experiencing challenges with their children who have emotional, behavioral or mental health challenges. We also provide peer support to transition age youth. We offer Parent and youth support groups to families monthly.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide advocacy
• A local family-run organization without national or statewide affiliation