The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Kentucky Youth M.O.V.E.
207 Holmes Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
Contact Person: Kate Tilton
Web Site: http://www.kypartnership.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
To reduce stigma related to children's mental health challenges and to provide a united voice to advocate on behalf of ourselves and other youth with behavioral health disabilities.
An eighteen member council made up of Kentucky youth between the ages of 14 and 26 with a behavioral health diagnosisi. The council serves as an advisory council to the State Interagency Council, provides training to professionals on issues related to youth, provides representation on various state level committees, develops awareness materials, and brings a focus on issues they are concerned about.
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• A statewide youth-guided organization
• A family-run or youth-guided organization with a current or past affiliation with a System of Care Community of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program (i.e., CMHS System of Care grant site)
• A statewide youth-guided chapter of a national organization