The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Keys for Networking, Inc.
211 SW 33rd Street
Topeka, KS 66611
Contact Person: Jane Adams, Ph.D.
Web Site: http://www.keys.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances
Families of children and youth with emotional, behavioral and mental health challenges obtain the supports and services so that children grow up safely in their home community with a quality education that leads to employment and/or post secondary school. The FFCMH, a national family-run organization serves to: * Provide advocacy at the national level for the rights of children and youth with emotional, behavioral and mental health challenges and their families * Provide leadership and technical assistance to a nation-wide network of family run organizations * Collaborate with family run and other child serving organizations to transform
Keys is the statewide family organization endorsed by SAMHSA and the Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health to provide outreach, training, information, support and advocacy to the parents of Kansas 60,000 children projected to have serious emotional disabilities. Keys staff are parents of children and/or primary consumers of mental health services. The staff provide peer to peer support as well as connect parents throughout Kansas to other state and national channels of independent information.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• A statewide family-run organization
• A statewide family-run chapter of a national organization