The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
GEAR Parent Network - Kennebec, Somerset, & Franklin Counties
32 Winthrop Street
Augusta, ME 04330
(207) 696-8375 In State (800) 264-9224
Fax: (207) 626-3453
Contact Person: Paige Cummings
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
We are parents helping each other; we offer unconditional support – no blame, no shame and no judgment. We want you to know that you are not ALONE!
Through parent-to-parent sharing of experiences and knowledge, G.E.A.R. Parent Network empowers parents of children with behavioral health needs to build on their family’s strengths and to advocate for their family’s needs.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• A local family-run organization without national or statewide affiliation