The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Long Island Families Together, Inc.
21 Greene Ave
Amityville, NY 11701
Contact Person: Eileen Kadletz
Web Site: http://www.lift4kids.org
LIFT, as a parent and youth governed organization, will provide a strong voice to ensure that children and youth with emotional, behavioral and mental health challenges and their families have access to neeed information, supports and services.
Long Island Families Together (LIFT) is a family run not-for-profit that offers support, information and advocacy to families raising children with mental health concerns. We work with families to help them get the help they need to thrive. We also provide opportunities for them to learn to advocate for themselves on the individual level as well as on the local and statewide levels.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide contracted direct services (e.g., respite, care management)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy
• A local family-run chapter of a national or statewide organization