The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
PRO-Parents of S. C.
652 Bush River Road Suite 203
Columbia, SC 29210
Contact Person: Mary S. Eaddy, Director
Web Site: http://www.proparents.org
Developmental Disabilities,Transition-aged Youth
To enhance the abilities of families to assist children and young adults with disabilites in obtaining services and opporutnities needed to become successful adults.
State-wide agency who provides parent training and information about special education and early intervention services to parents and others involved with the families.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Provide advocacy
• A national family-run organization