The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
Exceptional Parents Unlimited
4440 N. First St.
Fresno, CA 93726
Fax: 559 229-2956
Contact Person: Bobbie Coulbourne
Web Site: http://www.exceptionalparents.org
The mission of Exceptional Parents Unlimited is to strengthen and empower children and families facing extraordinary medical, developmental, and parenting challenges.
We are a multi-funded nonprofit organization with over 50% of staff being family members of children with disabilities.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Sponsor/run support groups for families or youth
• Provide contracted direct services (e.g., respite, care management)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide training and presentations to system of care/child serving agencies or community
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• Recruit family members or youth for positions within child serving agencies
• Organize conferences
• Participate in child serving system/system of care policy-making and leadership groups
• Participate in child serving system/system of care management meetings
• Provide advocacy