The National Directory of
Family-Run & Youth-Guided Organizations
for Children’s Behavioral Health
South Dakota Parent Connection
3701 W. 49th St. #102
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Contact Person: Lisa Sanderson
Web Site: http://www.sdparent.org
Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbances,Mental Illness/Mental Health
The mission of South Dakota Parent Connection (SDPC) is to connect families caring for children (birth to 26) with the full range of disabilities or special health care needs to information, training and resources in an environment of support, hope and respect.
South Dakota Parent Connection is part of two national networks, the ALLIANCE and Family Voices, which promote the partnership of families, professionals and advocates for the involvement of families as valued decision makers in their children's lives.
• Provide family to family or youth to youth support on an individual family or youth level (e.g., peer-to-peer, family support partners, parent navigators)
• Provide education to families or youth on issues of interest
• Provide training and mentoring of family members or youth (e.g., to assume leadership roles, act as provider)
• Provide technical assistance (e.g., to other family or youth organizations, child serving agencies)
• A statewide family-run organization